Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Royal We

We will step out of the front door
into a new city, out of the heat
that has become this place;
then past the flickering lights of the skyline,
we will sleep in the hills at some new height
and wait.

What an animal a place can be,
how it can eat at your mind.
We need a place whose heart isn't gluttoneous with control,
and if we can pause this infinite loop of take and take,
perhaps something new will become of us.

This is my most fond hope, to become a new us,
to find a place where our roots may accually thrive.
That's it I guess, I long to thrive with you.

We may change our names or quit drinking coffee,
well maybe you'll quit drinking coffee.
I already gave up cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. This is good..why did you stop blogging.? I am waiting for more!!

    ReplyDelete